"The Harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore praythe Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."
Gathering the harvest and furthering the Kingdom of God is the thrust of the Evangelism Ministry of Metropolitan Cathedral of Truth. There are five areas of service members are directed to evangelize and serve through.
1. The care of service to the elderly is done on a Sunday morning at three local Nursing Homes. Members volunteer and render services through teaching, preaching, praise, worship and healing.
2. Support Through Alzhiemer Relief System (STARS) is a ministry to the members of the Havana Community who suffer from alzheimers' disease. Members distribute information packets assembled and given by the Department of Elder Affairs. The Stars and Nursing Home Ministries are both headed by Minister Debra M. Barrington.
3. The Prison/Detention Center Ministry has members preaching, teaching and sharing the Word of God at the Gadsden County Women's Correctional
Facility, Florida State Correctional Facility in Chattatochee, FL. and Washington County Correctional Facility. Services are held for the youth at the Leon County Regional Detention Center on a monthly basis by ministers and members of the congregation. At the Detention Center Metro's own Minister
Emory Collier is the facility Chaplain.
"For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me
drink, I was a stranger and you took me in., I was naked and you clothed
me;I was sick and you visted Me; I was in prison and you came to me".
4. The Food Outreach to the community allows members to deliver food and pray with families in the Havana Community. It extends to donating clothes to those who are in need. This portion of the Evangelism Ministry is spearheaded by Sister Patricia Johnson.
5. Community Outreach is service to the entire community where services include providing back to school supplies annually for community youth,
Thanksgiving Baskets donated to 36 local families in need, and Christmas gifts and food given to families in need during this time of the season.
Metropolitan members have provided a summer youth program as means of outreach and support to youth at home during the summer, this program is
named SOPA Summer of Performing Arts and provides free lunch, arts, Recreation , studies, and field trips Monday through Thursday of each week.
Metropolitan's is gearing up for its' after school tutorial program to youth in the Havana community.
The Evangelism Ministry is Directed by Minister Nancy Gee.